I find it rather funny that I can hit the snooze button a zillion times and fall right back to sleep but the sound of "Momma" in the middle of the night and my feet hit the floor before my eyes are even open. There is something about being called out of a deep sleep by your baby. No matter how old "my girl" maybe, she will always be my baby.
That's exactly what happened on Tuesday night. I went into her room to find that she had a nightmare about a former classmate. She just wanted me to lay with her while she went back to sleep. As I laid beside her; I was quickly reminded that although she is a teenager, she still needs me. The best part is that she still calls for me. I hope the day never comes that she doesn't call for me when she is in need.
I am truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE those little reminders... even in the middle of the night ;)
ReplyDelete