Tuesday, December 15, 2009

how much chicken can a girl eat

As part of my "preparing to retire" I have started stockpiling. Once again, I started something new in Nov. I have no idea why I start new things during two of the craziest months of the year, I am seeing a pattern here. In my efforts to stock pile, I look for things that I use that are on sale. I match up coupons and then buy lots of the product. Here's some of my stockpile.... 40 cans of veggies, 20 cans of chicken broth, 20 cans of beef broth, a years supply of deoderant and toothpaste. Now, we can add 50 lbs. of chicken to the list.

I have a wonderful friend who loves to stockpile and coupon, also. She is my partner in couponing(PIC) when it comes to deals and coupons. Here's how it all went down: chicken breasts were on sale at a local store for $1.49/lb. My PIC started investagating the surrounding stores. She was able to find a store about 45 mins. away selling the chicken for $0.99/lb. We called our local store and asked if they could price match it(we want to give our money locally). They told us we would have to go to the store with the sale. My PIC called the store and requested 100 lbs. of chicken. I can only imagine what the lady answering the phone thought. They offered to hold the chicken for us for a couple of hours... off to the store my PIC went. And that's how I ended up with 50 lbs. of chicken in my freezer!!! I am blessed to have such a wonderful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment