Earlier this month I was attempting to food shop for the month. (I started this adventure last year in Nov.. Some months I do better than others. This is one of the steps that I have taken to prepare myself for retirement. That's another post). I love to coupon and use them for most things that I buy. Recently, I have found that I find joy in sharing my coupons. I will watch what others are buying and if I have a coupon for the item I will offer it to them. I love the reactions that I receive. Most are welcoming and thankful... others just walk away. People are strange creatures(even when you are trying to GIVE them something).
On this particular day, I gave two coupons to a woman. She was pleasantly surprised. I continued on with my shopping as I have done in the past. I didn't give a second thought to this person. A few aisles over, the same woman approached me. She walked up to me and said, "I don't normally do this, but you seem like a nice person. Where do you go to church." She didn't ask do I go to church but where. I shared with her about the church we attend. Through our conversation, I learned she had recently been stationed here. We chatted for some time and I gave her my number and invited her to join us that Sunday.
Many times God will provide opportunities to share about Him to others. I know we sometimes say, I can't tell others about God. I can't be the one.... but it can be as simple as giving someone a coupon to show them the love of our Lord. I am blessed by blessing others with my coupons and that God used me as His vessel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
trying to see if i can leave a comment
ReplyDelete