Wednesday, December 16, 2009

it's been one of those days

Have you ever had "one of those days"? Today was mine. I wonder where did it go? I went to the commissary and snagged a fabulous deal there. Okay, I'll tell you... I bought 40 can of chicken broth, three boxes of cereal, a bag of mozz. sticks, and a bag of jalapeno poppers for....$0.37. That was my total after coupons!!!! If you factor in what I paid for the coupons; I paid about $1.87 for it all. Not too bad. I love when I get to use a gift that God has given me!
I spent the rest of the day baking and getting boxes ready to be delivered. My hubs has been stationed on the same post for over 5 years.....there are several people that are waiting for the box of goodies to arrive. I love being able to bless others through another one of my gifts.... cooking.
Off to the ortho. to have my girl's braces adjusted. She left there pretty happy... more details later. Shh it's a secret!!!! Back home for dinner and then the rest of the boxes made. My kitchen is cleaned and all boxes are packed and ready for delivery(that will take place tomorrow).
While we were packing the boxes, my girl commented on how few days we have left until Christmas.... and how there are still three "random acts of kindness gifts" left under the tree.
Oh my, how did I forget about that? I had planned it all out... I even picked out gifts and the days that she would receive them... somewhere that all fell to the wayside. I decided that she could use a break after studying for her history final. So, my girl and hubs are enjoying a new Wii game.
It has been "one of those days", but it sure has been a good one.

2 comments:

  1. so, what are these random acts of kindness gifts? and what was the part about the braces???

    I know I am WAY behind, but I hardly got online the whole time we were in the great north!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent the 12 days of Christmas to my neice and nephew... for Logan I bought a few gifts that I would "randomly" give to her before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete