Saturday, January 2, 2010

7 New things for the new year

My sister in law sent me this in an email. I thought it was fitting for the new year!!!


My Sunday School teacher gave us these 7 points and verses yesterday. I thought they were wonderful and a good plan for starting a New Year.

1 - Year of New Beginnings
Matt 28:19-20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.
1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anixety on him because he cares for you."

2- New Possiblities
Phil 4:13 "I can do everything through Him that gives me strength"

3- New Plans
Jeremiah 29-11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

4-New Provisions
Matt 6:25-34 - "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food and the body more important than clothes? ....27...who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?....33 but seek his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

5-New Growth
Phil 1:6 - "being confident of this that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion unti the day of Christ Jesus"

6-New Wisdom
Eph 1:17 "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you may know him better"

7-Renewed Spirit of Peace
John 16:33 "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

May you all have a blessed year. Look for God to do wonderful things!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment