Today is one of the days that I was talking about in my previous post. I am going to trust the Lord. I called the school that my girl will more than likely attend. She has asked to attend public school next year and we are willing to give it a try. She is currently taking all advanced classes but her new school doesn't offer advanced classes. They also do not offer Algebra I, she will have to retake pre-Algebra. This isn't necessarily a good thing or a bad thing. It's just some thing that will have to be done. I don't think reinforcing math skills will hurt her in any way. Because she is coming from a private school, she will have to take a test to see that she is at the correct grade level. I haven't mentioned this to her just yet. Why ruffle feathers this early???
Something that I have realized in chatting with a friend today; we are about to enter into unfamiliar territory. We will no longer be in a military town where people come and go on a regular basis. Where you make friends and hope they will still be here when your birthday party comes around. Most of these kids have gone to school with each other since kindergarten. I am praying that my girl will find her place in the new school and God will send her a couple of special friends.
I also found out that our new town is much like any other place on earth. No one wants to talk with you about rental properties until 30 days prior. For now, we have a little idea of what places cost in rent, but we no idea what they look like or if we have many options. Since we are more than likely not going to see the house in person before we move into it; I am going to pray that God will show us the house that we need.
After a conversation that I had with another friend, I have decided one way to remain sane in this adventure is to begin a notebook(okay, more like a 2" 3 ring binder). This will allow me to have all of the information that I need in one place(the key will be not to loose or pack the binder). I am still having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that we are retiring from the only life that we have known as a married couple. We will move across the country to live in a rental property for a year while we build our house on 35 acres with my hubs family. We have started a new business!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be one memorable year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for you guys. I can't imagine!!!
ReplyDeletewow.
ReplyDeleteso is this school closer than the other, because I remember you saying something about the private one being a bit of a drive...
will pray along with you about the rental. God has been faithful, and will direct you to just the right place.
Sounds like you are getting some good tips from your your friends.
enjoy the adventure!