All I can say is, "Praise be to the Lord."
While we were in Al. we were able to visit two schools that "My girl" could attend. Since she had expressed an interest in attending public school once we moved; we told her we would consider it. Please understand, I am not opposed to public school just the one that "My girl" attended at our current duty station. We really didn't have a tough time making the decision to transfer her to a Christian school.
We visited both schools and I will tell you that either school would be fine for her. We allowed her to have some say in where she would like to attend. She switched back and forth a couple of times(she is much like Hubs- she needs to talk through it). I just listened and asked questions about her reasons each time she would say... I want to go to..... I suggested that she write out the pros and cons to each school. She did. Hers were a little different than ours, but they are what's important to her at this time in her life. One thing that is important to us all is Bible class. She said if she goes to public school she wouldn't have Bible class. I didn't realize how much she likes that class.
One night she came to me and said, I want to go to the Christian school. I asked her why. She said that she looked at the pros and cons for both schools and she had prayed about it. Can I just tell you that my heart grew about two sizes.... she prayed about it!!!! She is seeking God's will!!!! Oh, I so wish I had known the Lord like "My Girl" does at her age.
It is settled.. she will attend the Christian school next year. I can only wonder what God has planned for her there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my heavens, what a blessing!
ReplyDeleteShe is truly an awesome girl, and I know God has good things planned for her.
Glad that part is settled, and in such a fantastic way! What an awesome God, Barbie!
I continue to believe that the other details will work out in an equally amazing way. He can do that.